Thursday, May 31, 2012

bittersweet

So much has been going on in my world.  I've had some really big decisions to make...bittersweet decisions.
I am moving back to California to be closer to family...and with that new adventure I am closing the doors to the classroom I have been in for 11 of my 12 years of teaching.  
More to come on all of that later...

Here are a few final pictures from the school year.

I needed a quick bulletin board to get me through the month of May...and this is what I came up with.
More than anything I am loving how great my students did on decorating the beach balls.  It literally was just a circle and they went to town on it.  They each wrote a special 2nd grade memory on it as well.
The space I had to work with was small...so it's not that cute...I'm aware of that...it's mostly just to give you an idea.



 I created this summer bucket list page to go out in the hall on their clips.
Again...loving my little artists and the details they added to make them so cute!






And finally...this was the gift I gave my students...and they were so excited about them.  The bags, notebooks, and pens were all purchased from Oriental Trading.  There is also a little note from me inside as well.  The cool thing about the canvas notebook is that they can decorate it with markers.




Ok...back to packing!  
Hang in there all of my blog friends that are still in school!








4 comments:

twilliams said...

I know you must be excited and a little sad to be moving back to California, but at least you will be close to family. I know the school you are at now will miss you terribly and your kiddos. Good luck!
Teresa

robyn@dearwellington said...

Thank you Teresa for the sweet comment!

Beverly Frazier said...

awww.. good news is that you'll be moving to family which is a huge support system in getting through your school-sickness. you look like a superb teacher and I'm sure you've left many memories imprinted in all your students' lives!!

Xoxo,
Bev

robyn@dearwellington said...

Thank you!