Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Five

Here are five of my favorite things from the week...
{link up here}



One.
Spring Break!  I was so ready for this week and am sad it's pretty much over.



Two.
Loved the last New Beauty Test Tube and am anxious for my fourth one to be delivered next week.
The Exfolikate was by far the product I was most excited to try.  It's amazing!




Three.
Planted ranunculus this week...currently my favorite flower.




Four.
Loving this reversible table runner.  I switch sides often because I can't decide which one I like better.
{it's folded over in the picture so you can see both sides}




Five.
A friend treated me to probably the best homemade chocolate chip cookies I have ever had!
Here's the recipe with her tips included...

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups shortening (I usually substitute butter for part of this - so about 1 1/2 cubes butter and 3/4 cup shortening)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
3 1/4 cups flour
4 cups oatmeal
3/4 package chocolate chips
 
First cream together sugars, shortening/butter, eggs and vanilla, then add other ingredients.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
It makes a lot, so I sometimes half it.  If I do the full recipe, I just throw the dough into ziploc bags and freeze.
 










4 comments:

Loree said...

I've never heard of the Beauty Test Tube! I have the Birchbox subscription... but checking this one out! Thanks!

Also, cute blog, my first stop by! You'll have to check out my new blog, Lovely Loree!

http://lovelyloree.blogspot.com/

-Loree

collettakay said...

I hope you had a great Spring Break!

Here's my H5F:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/feel-good-high-five-friday-41312.html

Colletta

robyn@dearwellington said...

Thanks Loree! The Test Tube is amazing! They only do 4 a year but the products are great. Definitely check it out!

robyn@dearwellington said...

It has been great! Thanks for the comment Colletta!